Over the years, the 35-year-old left-handed opener from Delhi has grown into a wonderful batsman in the limited-over formats who had his share of success in Test cricket as well. Here’s a timeline of Dhawan’s growth – from a nervous debutant to India captain. 1. Debut and early years Dhawan, called Gabbar by his team-mates, started off his international career with an ODI duck against Australia at Visakhapatnam in 2010 where he was clean bowled by pacer Clint McCkay. He made a 51 against the West Indies a year later at Port of Spain. But his moment of reckoning came in the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013. Dhawan made back-to-back hundreds against South Africa and the West Indies at Cardiff and at the Oval and he remained largely a permanent face in India’s white ball scheme of things. In all he played 142 ODIs and scored 5977 runs at a little over 45 with 17 hundreds. His Test debut too was remarkable as he made a marauding 187 against the Aussies in Mohali in the 2012-13 season. He has made 2315 runs from 34 Tests with 7 hundreds and five fifties but Dhawan’s Test career has hit a block since… Read full this story
- Shikhar Dhawan becomes joint-fastest left-handed batsman to reach 5000 ODI runs
- Shikhar Dhawan calls for consistency of Indian batsmen in Delhi Capitals’ squad
- Watch: Hardik Pandya loses his cool after Shikhar Dhawan's bad throw
- India vs New Zealand 2019: Unnoticed things from the first ODI
- Sportskeeda Cricket Awards 2018: T20I Batsman of the Year
- Twitter erupts as India lose to Australia by 4 runs in first T20I
- 3 alternatives for Shreyas Iyer as the captain of Delhi Capitals
- MS Dhoni must play domestic cricket to be eligible for India selection, says Mohinder Amarnath
- Are wrong team selections costing India overseas Test series wins?
- Twitter reacts to India's victory in the 2nd ODI
- India should consider R Ashwin for 2019 World Cup, says Gautam Gambhir
- New Zealand vs India 2019: India are proving they are the real deal by demolishing a competent Kiwi side
Shikhar Dhawan timeline: Know all about new India captain; from duck on debut to destructive batsman have 324 words, post on www.mykhel.com at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.