Video Player Close BEIJING, July 30 (Xinhua) — China’s Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Emergency Management have earmarked 1 billion yuan (about 155 million U.S. dollars) from the central natural-disaster relief fund to support disaster relief and reconstruction in the flood-hit Henan Province. The funding will mainly be spent on the relocation and living assistance of those people affected by the floods, as well as reconstruction of the damaged buildings. To support flood relief and protect grain security, some 600 million yuan of agricultural-production and water-conservancy relief funding was also allocated Friday, according to the Ministry of Finance. The 600-million-yuan will be used for restoring agricultural production, replanting crops, buying necessary materials for the resumption of production, and repairing water-conservancy projects in disaster-hit regions. Enditem
- Opposition accusing Centre falsely on flood relief: Karnataka BJP president
- Kateel slams oppn for ‘false claims’ on Centre’s contribution towards flood rehabilitation in state
- Kateel slams oppn for ‘false claims’ on Centre’s contribution towards flood rehabilitation in Karnataka
- Is China Setting Out a New Model for its Engagement with Africa?
- Indian Gov't Faces Flak for Refusing Foreign Aid for Flood Victims
- Lancaster businesses urged to invest in their future flood protection
- Super typhoon slams into China after pummelling Philippines
- No children? Pay up: Chinese academics float 'maternity fund' tax for childless people
- China pledges $60 billion to Africa, fends off accusations of setting a debt trap
- Trump Is Right: China Should Stop Stealing the U.S.'s Best Ideas
- Storm Florence flash flood warning with 40ins of rain as death toll reaches 13
- Report: China capable of launching missile that could reach Guam
China earmarks more funds for Henan flood relief have 257 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.