An Oregon man has been charged with the kidnapping and rape of a woman while he was driving for Lyft. Omar Al Naser, 32, was taken into custody at his home in Beaverton, a city outside Portland, on Tuesday morning, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release this week. According to the sheriff’s office, the alleged victim told deputies they had been at a family member’s house in the evening on October 23 and later requested a Lyft ride to return home. The Lyft driver, who was later identified as Omar, picked up the victim in his vehicle. “But instead of taking them to their desired destination, Al Naser took them back to his home, where the sexual assault occurred,” the sheriff’s office added in the release. The sheriff’s office said Al Naser was booked into the Washington County Jail on charges of rape in the first degree, sodomy in the first degree, sexual abuse in the first degree and kidnapping in the first degree. In a statement to KPTV, a spokesperson for Lyft said: “Safety is fundamental to Lyft, and the behavior described is appalling. After becoming aware of the incident, we launched an investigation and… Read full this story
- Oxford taxi driver jailed for raping passenger
- Lyft driver kicks out passenger onto busy highway in viral video
- Coorong backpackers kidnap, rape accused was 'looking for marriage'
- Middle school Bible history teacher charged with rape
- Auto driver held for ‘raping’ girl after picking her up from New Delhi railway station
- Despite Prop. 22 ruling, Uber and Lyft drivers won't become employees anytime soon
- Uber, Lyft Drivers Continue Fight For Unions Despite Consequences
- Cab driver held on rape charge
- Bombay HC acquits man for kidnapping, rape of minor
- Maharashtra: 15-Yr-Old Girl Attacked With Hammer And Raped In Thane, Police Nab Suspect
- Man Sentenced to 25 Years Without Parole for Rape of Elderly Woman
- $100 for a carton of beer: Rogue taxi drivers accused of peddling alcohol illegally
Lyft driver charged with kidnapping, raping passenger have 320 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.