Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 Bayer Leverkusen Dortmund, Bay Arena(Alario (pen) 27′, Tapsoba 49′, Diaby 67′, 87′ — Younes 6) Just six minutes had passed in Leverkusen’s German Cup clash against Eintracht Frankfurt and it looked as though their promising season would continue to unravel into traditional disappointment. A goal down, looking disheveled and lacking ideas, it seemed like a third loss in four matches and an early exit from a competition they are desperate to win was on the cards. But a character-building comeback saw them ride their luck before turning the game on its head with a dominant second-half display. Four unanswered goals pegged their opponents back and the club’s ambitions to end a painful 28-year wait for silverware is back on track. “We didn’t come into the match well. The 1-1 was like a can opener for us,” playmaker Nadiem Amiri said. “After that we found our way into the game a bit better and you could see the difference in the second half.” Jonathan Tah reacts to his red card against Eintracht Frankfurt. Shaky start When Amin Younes scored the opener after six minutes, however, Leverkusen hadn’t even found the can let alone the opener. An early exit was calling…. Read full this story
- Why Sports Trophies Are Important
- Baseball Trophies For Coaches Too!
- 4 Great Custom Trophy Ideas
- Sports Trophies
- Baseball Trophies For Winning Teams And Participants
- Soccer World Cup Trophy and Five Captains From Switzerland
- Trophies For Sports and Other Events
- Victory of Pakistan Hockey Team in Champions Trophy 1994 Lahore
- Arsenal FC - A Club and Its Trophies
- Stress Less Zone - Mind the Tone of Your Ambitions
- A New Earth, Oprah and Eckhart Tolle - When Wanting Keeps The Ego Alive More Than Having
- The Essence of a Soccer Trophy
Leverkusen's trophy ambitions alive after comeback win over Frankfurt have 283 words, post on www.dw.com at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.