Listen to this article Take heed, for you could be witnessing two very significant moments in this series of spy photos. First, this SUV could be the long-rumored Land Rover Defender SVR, packing a V8 with enough horsepower to make Mercedes-AMG G63 drivers a bit nervous at the drag strip. It also could be the only time a Land Rover Defender has lifted a wheel while lapping the Nürburgring that wasn’t the result of a catastrophic mistake. Are we absolutely certain this is a Land Rover Defender SVR? The answer is no, but our spy sources confirm this particular test vehicle was definitely packing a V8. That means we’re dealing with at least 518 horsepower (386 kilowatts) from the standard-issue supercharged 5.0-liter mill. However, the rumors we’ve heard about the SVR suggest it will have 600 hp (447 kW) courtesy of a transplanted 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 from BMW . So if the rumor is true, you’ll have a choice of two high-output V8 engines in a Defender. Emissions regulations? What emissions regulations? Gallery: Land Rover Defender SVR Spy Photos 14 Photos Fortunately, we have more to go on than just some rumors and a Defender going full-send at the ‘Ring…. Read full this story
- Last Land Rover Defender rolls off production line
- Watching the wheels: readers share their Land Rover Defender stories
- Range Rover SVR: Excess all areas
- Jaguar’s 176mph F-Pace SVR’s engine is bullet-fast and it’s a smooth ride
- The Jaguar F-Type SVR Is A 575 Horsepower Screaming Track Day Lunatic
- Jaguar F-Pace SVR India launch expected soon - what's on offer?
- Covini 6SW Is The $640,000 Six-Wheel Supercar You Need To See
- Jaguar J-Pace Coming In 2021 With Upgraded Range Rover Platform
- No time to die: James Bond cars revealed
- Forza Horizon 4 Leak Hints At Over 100 Cars Coming To The Game
- Aston Martins Are Real Stars Of James Bond No Time To Die Trailer
- James Bond DB5 Has New Weaponry In No Time To Die
Land Rover Defender SVR Spied Lapping The Nurburgring On Three Wheels have 316 words, post on www.motor1.com at April 11, 2022. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.