The general thumb rule for equity investment is that the allocation to this asset class should be 100 minus your age. Kamlesh Rao, MD and CEO, Aditya Birla Life Insurance, however, believes the asset allocation depends more on your isk profile – whether it's low, medium or high risk. A banking and financial services industry veteran with a career spanning over 25 years, Rao was the Managing Director and CEO – Retail at Kotak Securities prior to joining the Aditya Birla group. He believes that given the current volatility in the equity markets , investing a lump-sum of Rs 10 lakh at one go is not the right approach. Investment should be staggered over a period of 12-18 months. He is not a fan of real estate investing. Low rental yields are a big negative for him. Instead, he advocates investing in annuity plans around the age of 45-50 years. After the age of 60, the annuity payouts will act as the income replacement avenue that you need to enjoy the same lifestyle which you are enjoying now. Nearly 75 percent of his allocation is towards equities now, and the rest largely in debt instruments. Out of this, 10-12 percent is… Read full this story
- Life Insurance: Term plan can be bought only by an earning individual
- Edited Transcript of UNFI earnings conference call or presentation 1-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of RAD earnings conference call or presentation 26-Sep-19 12:30pm GMT
- 10 low-cost franchises you can start with $15,000 or less and reap a six-figure salary
- Lending to house flippers hits a 13-year high as prices and competition heat up
- 16 Unusual Money Moves That Could Set You Up for Life
- Here's the best financial advice these 10 advisors ever received
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 24/2
- Home ownership is a hot issue this election. But will politicians’ promises hurt or help prospective buyers?
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 1/1
- Stock market: 19 stocks to buy next year
- Sears files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, to close 142 more stores
Investing in real estate to earn rental income? Don’t, says Kamlesh Rao, MD and CEO, Aditya Birla Sunlife Insurance have 315 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 23, 2022. This is cached page on CHUTEU. If you want remove this page, please contact us.